Those who presented research in the bi-monthly Language Research Center seminars were recognized for their hard work this academic year. The Faculty of Languages and Translation awarded certificates of appreciation at a ceremony on March 20th organized by the Language Research Center.
Dr. Yahya Asiri, Vice-Dean of Faculty of Languages and Translation, represented the department at the ceremony. He conferred certificates of appreciation to the following valued faculty members:
- Ms. Hanan Al-Subai, Linguistic Hegemony of the English Language in the Medical Context of Bisha King Abdullah Hospital;
- Dr. Munassir Alhamami, Attention to Intention;
- Mr. Erich Beer, Some Practical Considerations Regarding the Teaching of Reading Comprehension;
- Dr. Mohammed Shuaib Assiri, Comparing Multiple Choice, Verb Conjugation, and Error Correction in Grammar Assessment;
- Prof. Hamad Al-Dosari, Developing and Assessing the Relationship Between Intercultural Communication Competence and Intercultural Sensitivity in the EFL Classroom;
- Dr. Mazeagha Al-Tale', The PECAL Model: Bringing the Best Together for Dynamic Gains;
- Dr. Michael Hadzantonis, Frame Theory and Footing in Linguistic Anthropological Analysis- Part 1 and Discourse Analysis in Linguistic Anthropology (and beyond): Part 1;
- Ms. Saja Al-Ahmari & Ms. Jawaher Al-Enzi, Translation and Culture;
- Dr. Fouad Elkarnichi, Examining What Translation Education Research Say about Practices in Translation Programs (Special Focus on the Arabic Context);
- Dr. Hasan Mohammed Jaashan, An Overview of the Book 'STYLISTICS';
- Ms. Hanan Al-Shahrani & Ms. Maryam Al Shamrani for, Translator’s Message;
- Dr. Barbara Rumbinas, A Multimodal Analysis of Minstrel Performance and the Codification of the African American Stereotype in Nineteenth-Century Culture;
- Dr. Mahmoud Radwan, Madness in Arabic Narratives;
- Dr. Eyhab Bader Eddin, Multiplicity of Different English Functional Semantic Realizations of the Translation of the Arabic Preposition ب and Translation Process Mapping: Key Tools to Explore Translation Cognitive Dimensions.
The Language Research Center and the Faculty of Languages and Translation are committed to faculty development in order to better serve our college and the university at large. These programs inure to the benefit of all.
Source: Mohammad Adil Siddique