King Khalid University in the top 200 universities worldwide by 2030.
To provide an academic environment conducive to teaching, learning, scientific research and social contribution through optimal utilization of our resources.
Guiding the programs in the Faculty of Languages and Translation to be competitive locally and regionally.
The Faculty of Languages and Translation is committed to providing high-quality education in the fields of languages and translation, conducting relevant and creative research that fulfills current global and local demands, and offering community service in the concerned fields.
- Design and deliver programs that meet emerging needs and aspirations of students, community, businesses, and professional sectors.
- Be proactive and responsive to the needs of our stakeholders, especially our students, faculty, university, and community.
- Foster a sense of service, commitment, professionalism, and ethics in our students.
- Ensure our students are gaining in the skills and experience needed to work as language professionals in diverse contexts.
- Build and maintain a supportive, professional , ethical, and respectful workplace that fosters communication, dialogue, and sharing of ideas and resources whenever possible.
- Recruit and establish a world-class human resource capacity to provide students with a high-quality foreign language education.
- Expand our research capabilities and research base by strengthening ties between the Faculty, the University, the community, and the international educational institutions and researchers in the field of languages and translation.
English Department Vision
The English department aspires to be an outstanding quality benchmark in the specialties of English language studies in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the region.
English Department Mission
The Department of English is dedicated to offering high-quality education in English language disciplines and to cultivating in the students and the faculty the relevant 21st century skills and research competencies that will empower them to serve the local and regional communities.
English Department Goals
- To foster an educational environment characterized by the best practices of teaching and learning of English language to undergraduate and graduate students.
- To equip the students of English language programs with in-depth knowledge, advanced skills, and professional values that will empower them to meet modern global needs and expectations.
- To develop students' competencies in research and inquiry methodologies that enable them to generate original knowledge in the fields of English language studies.
- To serve the local community with professional consultation and training relevant to English language teaching and learning, and emerging language issues.
Last updated: 3/10/2023
Contact: Dr. Munassir Alhamami
Council: Department of English
Reference No.: 13