The Faculty of Languages and Translation is committed to providing high-quality education in the fields of languages and translation, conducting relevant and creative research that fulfills current global and local demands, offering community service in the concerned fields, and capitalizing on advanced technology in serving our academic programs, research endeavors, and societal obligations.
English Program Vision
The English Program aspires to occupy a distinguished position among other English programs nationally and regionally and to excel in offering quality education, research, and community service.
English Program Mission
The KKU English program is dedicated to developing students’ academic and professional competencies in English language, translation, linguistics, applied linguistics and English literature. Towards this end, our endeavors are inspired by the best current teaching practices and research. Our ultimate goal is to effectively contribute in serving our community in the fields of English language studies and translation.
Program Objectives (POs)
- To produce competent and professional English language users.
- To equip our students with the necessary knowledge and skills of translation, literary appreciation, linguistics and applied linguistics analysis.
- To produce and utilize high-quality research for the implementation of the English program mission.
- To prepare well-qualified graduates who can effectively meet the community needs for English language specialists, practitioners, translators, teachers and researchers.
- To encourage the students to use modern technology that can enhance their English language education.
Last Reviewed: 8/26/2018
For any questions, comments, or inquiries: Dr. Mohammed Shuaib Assiri, Vice Dean for Academic Development & Quality