The English program at the Faculty of Languages and Translation is considered one of the early-established departments in the university. It grants a Bachelor of Arts in English, and the study plan includes courses in the main skills and in linguistics, literature, and translation. The department aims at graduating candidates who are well qualified in English and able to play a positive role in serving the community.
Admission Criteria and Requirements
The admission requirements for the Bachelor of Arts in English program are as follows:
1. The applicant must be a Saudi national.
2. The applicant must hold a Secondary School Certificate or its Equivalence.
3. The applicant must have obtained his Secondary School Certificate within the last preceding four years.
4. The applicant must have passed the General Aptitude Test (GAT).
5. The applicant must not have previously enrolled in or academically dismissed from King Khalid University or any other university.
6. The applicant must sit for the English Language Placement Test (ELPT) and obtain at least 60% to be enrolled in the department.
Last updated: 9/5/2019
For any questions, comments, or inquiries: Dr. Fadi Al-Khasawneh, Program Coordinator