The Master of Arts in Translation at KKU aims at becoming regionally and internationally recognized for its excellence.
A program that offers an in-depth critical understanding of Translation issues related to local needs with a global perspective.
The Target Population of the Program
- Graduates from language departments
- Teaching assistants in language departments
- Teachers of English at public schools
Aims of the Program
- Preparation of professional translators who are able to pursue their higher studies in the field of translation with confidence.
- Preparation of proficient translators who can export the achievements of the Islamic civilization to the non-Arabic speaking world.
- The graduation of proficient translators to meet the requirements of the market especially in the public sectors, hospitals, courts, ministries, embassies, as well as the private sector.
- Activation of scientific research in both its theoretical and applied fields in translation.
- Keeping up with the scientific and technological advancement as far as translation is concerned.
- Being able to answer and refute the accusations leveled against Islam and responding to the misconceptions spread about it through ignorance and lack of knowledge, so that the truth about Islam is revealed in its purity and applicability to all peoples at all times.
- Contributing to the Arabicisation of university education.
- Providing access to the new sources and resources of knowledge by making them available to Arabic speakers.
In addition to meeting the requirements stated in the Unified Regulations for Postgraduate Studies in Saudi Universities, the applicant has to:
- have a B. A. in English,
- achieve TOEFL Test with a minimum score of (IBT 80) or its equivalent.
- The Department and College Councils have the right to add any condition, if necessary.
Last updated: 8/26/2018
This page and its translated version are currently under review. Please contact Dr. Ismail Khalil Al-Refaai (email@example.com) for any questions, comments, or inquires.