The Master of Arts in Applied Linguistics (MAAL) at KKU aims at becoming regionally and internationally recognized for its excellence.
A program that offers an in-depth critical understanding of applied linguistic issues related to local needs with a global perspective.
The Target Population of the Program
- Graduates from language departments
- Teaching assistants in language departments
- Teachers of English at public schools
Aims of the Program
- To equip the students with the research skills needed to pursue their graduate studies.
- To provide the students with critical socio-cultural and linguistic awareness of the role of language issues.
- To qualify students with a professional or academic interest in language with advanced knowledge in Applied Linguistics.
- To provide the students with the core competencies of cross-cultural communication.
- To equip English teachers with the needed skills to enhance their teaching performance.
In addition to meeting the requirements stated in the Unified Regulations for Postgraduate Studies in Saudi Universities, the applicant has to:
- have a B. A. in language,
- achieve the required score in any one of the following standardized tests:
- TOEFL Test with a minimum score of (IBT 75);
- STEP (85); or
- IELTS (06).
The Department and College Councils have the right to add any condition, if necessary.
Last updated: 8/26/2018
This page and its translated version are currently under review. Please contact Dr. Ismail Khalil Al-Refaai (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any questions, comments, or inquires.